Thursday, July 29, 2010

It doesn't have to be obvious!

 

I don't like taking Leo for walks or jogs during the day now that it is so hot and humid. We, of course, do all of those things at night, but we are an active pair, and we are always looking for ways to spend our day!

I got this bike for my birthday!... thanks to my loving husband, who knows me too well.. We love going for rides, even on the hot ones! This way we get some wind blowing through our hair, and the hot doesn't seem to swallow us. Leo looooves it. He sits back there and kicks his feet and laughs, (I don't know what he is laughing at), and when we go down hills, he grabs onto the tail of my shirt and holds on for dear life!

This doesn't feel like exercise!.... but it is! This bike has no gears, so it's all-leg powered.. or should I say, thigh and butt powered!..Cause' those are the parts that burn like hot asphalt.. and when I go up hills and stand up on the pedals, I can feel that same sweet burn in my abs...

Riding a bike seemed like second nature when I was a kid, but I had to literally relearn how to activate the necessary muscles to power this thing! I was so shocked... I am pleased to have found one more way I can exercise and spend time with my guys... and for me, the best exercises are the ones I can enjoy and even make memories from. I'll gladly drown in these memories someday....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment